NETGuard.IO Privacy Policies
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
"Non Personal Information" is information that is not personally identifiable to you and that we automatically collect when you obfuscate a file with our Service. It may also include publicly available information that is shared between you and others (Those are static analysis of the binary data to prevent viruses from using our Service).
"Personally Identifiable Information" is non-public information that is personally identifiable to you and obtained in order for us to provide you within our Service. Personally Identifiable Information may include information such as your IP, email address, session username on the computer (written in file's debug metadata) and other related information that you provide to us or that we obtain about you using our Service.
Information We Collect
Generally, you control the amount and type of information you provide to us when using our Service.
As a Visitor, you can browse our website to find out more about our Service. You are not required to provide us with any Personally Identifiable Information as a Visitor.
File Information Collected
When you use our Service, we collect certain file information by the interaction of the NETGuard desktop application with our servers. Such information is typically considered Non Personal Information. We also collect the following:
- Automatic Information - We automatically receive information from your file because we use libraries to modify the code. This information includes the name of the methods in your .NET assemblies, as well a, if any, the name of the dependencies your file needs, all the assembly-level meta data attribute. This information also includes the constants-type data in your code. We use all of this information to feed our AI Obfuscation Engine.
- Log Data - Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Under the Child's Online Privacy Security Act, no web site operator can require, as a condition to involvement in an activity, that a child younger than 13 years of age divulge more details than is reasonably required. Our Service abides by this demand. NETGuard.IO just collects information willingly offered; no information is gathered passively. children under 13 can submit only their email address when sending us an email in our "Contact Us" area. NETGuard.IO makes use of the e-mail address to respond to a one-time demand from a child under 13 and afterwards deletes the e-mail address. In case our Service collects and maintains personal information relating to a child under 13, the parent may send out an email to us to review, alter and/or erase such info as well as to decline to enable any additional collection or use of the child's information.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we receive from you as follows:
- Customizing Our Website - We may use the Personally Identifiable information you provide to us along with any computer information we receive to customize our Website.
- Sharing Information with Affiliates and Other Third Parties - We do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide any of the Personal Information you provide us. We may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to affiliates that provide services to us with regards to our Website (i.e. payment processors); such affiliates will only receive information necessary to provide the respective services and will be bound by confidentiality agreements limiting the use of such information.
- Data Aggregation - We retain the right to collect and use any Non Personal Information collected from your use of our Service and aggregate such data for internal analytics that improve our Website and Service. At no time is your Personally Identifiable Information included in such data aggregations.
- Legally Required Releases of Information - We may be legally required to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information, if such disclosure is (a) required by subpoena, law, or other legal process; (b) necessary to assist law enforcement officials or government enforcement agencies; (c) necessary to investigate violations of or otherwise enforce our Legal Terms; (d) necessary to protect us from legal action or claims from third parties including you and/or other Members; and/or (e) necessary to protect the legal rights, personal/real property, or personal safety of Icons8, our Users, employees, and affiliates.
- Prevent malicious usage of our Service - We may scan your file for viruses before obfuscating them using a static set of analysis. If such threat is found we are to take Legal Actions against your person to : (d) necessary to protect us from legal action or claims from third parties including you and/or other Members; and/or (e) necessary to protect the legal rights, personal/real property, or personal safety of Icons8, our Users, employees, and affiliates. Your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address will be black-listed, your files and data on our service will be deleted and your E-mail address will be reported to legal authorities.
How you are allowed to use our Service
As an obfuscator, NETGuard.IO uses private algorithms to protect your source code. When obfuscating an application, a part of our algorithm is injected in your software. Like every security-based algorithm out there, the more it is known the weaker is become. That is why we only allow some usages of our Service in order to reduce that effect. What you can do :
Protect the source code of your software - You are free to use our Service to protect the source code of your software.
Here are special cases that are not allowed :
- Malicious software - You are not allowed to protect the source code of any malicious file, even potential one.
- Crackmes/Unpackmes - You are not allowed to protect files in order to reverse engineering the algorithms / redistribute it in order for people to reverse engineer the algorithms.
- Illegal files - You are not allowed to protect the source code of any illegal file, even potential one. This includes cracks.
- Permanent ban and report - Every file protected by NETGuard includes hidden watermark for us to know who protected a file. If you have been found protecting malicious / crackmes and unpackmes / illegal files with NETGuard, your account will be permanently banned and your IP will be kept in as blacklisted in our services.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We utilize practical protection measures to safeguard against the loss, abuse, and modification of the individual Data under our control. Personal Data is kept in a secured database and always sent out by means of an encrypted SSL method when supported by your web browser<-->. No Web or e-mail transmission is ever totally protected or mistake cost-free. For example, email sent out to or from the Site may not be protected. You must take unique care in deciding what info you send to us by means of e-mail.